sábado, 11 de marzo de 2017

This is my inspiration

Well obviously we started by coming up with the genre/story, thankfully I had seen this awesome video before How To Brainstorm Ideas For A Short Film to be kind of prepared for this task. In this video Darius explains you need to start with a routine; give a few of minutes to write as many ideas you have every morning or before you go to bed, this is going to let me have many options even if more than half my ideas suck. Next is to look for inspiration on my past experiences and write about those, that's when i knew i had to write about thriller, as i'm a huge adrenaline seeker and most of my favorite movies are thrillers such as "Shutter Island" and "Donnie Darko". After this probably my favorite task, Darius said to watch many movies, and that's what I did, sat down in my couch, grabbed popcorn and had a movie marathon, there I was thinking this was going to be a fun project after all :). The last step to come up with ideas is to do research, look at interesting facts and scenarios that can be turned into film ideas.


Back to talking with my team, I already had my thriller theme stamped in my head, and to my surprise it was a unanimous decision, maybe because it is a trending theme right now?
Now and probably the hardest part is to develop the story. After we chose the thriller theme we took individual time to do some needed research to support our ideas and start coming up with the plan. It only took me a couple of minutes to find this eye opening article: 10 Basic Ingredients of a Successful Thriller. Here it explains that thrillers is probably one of the hardest themes to come up with, because you need to develop an extensive and well thought plot filled with suspense (I already knew this, but i think since it is my favorite genre it is going to be easy in the long run). The idea of starting with a surprising and eye catching event leaving the audience with uncertainty is what I focused on, since i'm doing an opening.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario