domingo, 12 de marzo de 2017

Psychological thriller?


Now we have to develop the story, let's start where we left off, we have to start with an intriguing event. My thought process for this was very insightful and simple. I am currently taking AP psych and conveniently i'm seeing the chapter of abnormal psychology which explores all the disorders and diseases of the brain, and I was immediately intrigued by schizophrenia, which is when you lose touch with reality. What a great idea! the endless possibilities I have to develop the opening with a character suffering schizophrenia are amazing. As i told my team, they were very excited and we started engaging how to develop schizophrenia in a character, when you think of schizophrenia you think about vices in the head, so we looked up what schizophrenic hear, very creepy no? but it's perfect! and it will aid the genre very well. Again my inspiration came again from "Shutter Island" An interesting film which shows the impossibility of getting over guilt and the psychological effect that has on the schizophrenic. Here schizophrenia is the bogeyman.


Now that we roughly have an idea we need to tie the theme, thriller and schizophrenia with a story, this is the hard part, let's get on again with the research. After an extensive search, as it turns out schizophrenia is not a popular subject in movies but I managed found one movie called a "beautiful mind" here an intelligent man suffer from his own blessing, his mind. This raised an eyebrow in me. I have watched a lot of movies that end up as it's started, so I think it could be a very awesome idea to do the same, some sort of psychological thriller. Research time! 5 Tips for Creating a Believable and Captivating Psychological Thriller made me realize that plot twists are essential and that they have to be accurate and true. Now we have finally established the specific genre psychological thriller and that schizophrenia is going to play a big part on our story. I'm excited for what's next.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario