domingo, 26 de marzo de 2017

The roots of editing



Now this the start of for me the hardest part of the whole project, the editing. This is the part where all the ideas and thought process comes together, the crucial point that makes all the previous effort worth it, i had to start looking for inspiration and I found this article on why editing is important. It was a huge relief to read that editing is essentially the second chance in film, all the problems that we encountered can be fixed with this art.


Basically editing is what makes a film a film. It is a tiring and long process but hopefully a fun one. Here I want to start from scratch, to ensure the desired result, directly from my mind to the computer. First I have to pick the editing software i am going to use, quickly because of past experiences and knowledge on the program i am going to use Imovie pro. I know the basics of it, but i have to go really in depth on how to use the program to get my desired outcome, that's why i studied and watched this video, and now by knowing most of the features I can realistically incorporate them into the movie intro.


After knowing and learning the software i researched about techniques on how to develop suspense through editing. After reading couple of articles and seeing some videos i found this insightful text that made me realize some fundamentals of good suspense and i could gather this two things that i could incorporate into my film.

  • Having to things happening at once: Here the audience experiences tension from a contrast of unrelated circumstances. 
  • Provide a twist: the sequence should not end the way the audience expects.

I really think if I stick to those rules when editing I should develop my mood and genre accurately.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario