jueves, 23 de marzo de 2017

Here are the critiques:



Our great teacher Mrs. Marchetti organized a critique session with other groups to receive constructive feedback on our ideas and blog posts. Honestly it was a great relief to talk and see how other groups/people were doing, since I really thought we were behind, but as it turns out we are ahead of the pace. Most people only had their ideas and were far from filming them. Back to the criticism, here are some notes I took when my peers critiqued my blog and idea:

  • Make the blog more engaging and appealing, more pictures and include videos.
  • Make a prop list.
  • Use many close-ups to develop mood.
  • Create voices using a foiling stage. 
  • Instead using music, use a non-copyright heartbeat.
  • Include elements in the video that ties with the background story of the character (Tom)
  • Use effects to make the picture/video darker and more spooky.
  • Have adrenalin and action scene in the video.
  • Use jump cuts and a fast paced edit, to create rush and keep audience intrigued. 

These are my new thought processed for my project, since there is no better advice I can get that the target audience itself.

Overall I was pleased with the comments it definitely opened many views on myself and my group. I was surprised with the choice of genre of people, psychological thriller was very popular in the class, maybe because of low budget and increasing popularity in the big screens of these types of movies. Right after the criticism i joined back to my group and we started coming up with the logistics for filming as well as props and clothing. Our limited resources played a huge factor in determining our mise-en-scene, but nevertheless here are the props we are planing to use friday when we film:
  • Glass bottle. 
  • Pill bottle. 
  • Asylum clothes. 

We don’t have many props because our setting has most of the things we looked for, so we don’t have to manipulate it as much.

During the critique I saw it was interesting when people talked about their inspiration, and what I noticed was that most inspiration came from school events or subjects learned in a class and since this was the same for me, I found it interesting.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario